- not on a fault line (because we've pushed our luck with recent trips)
- sunny (because life's just better in the sun)
- with culture, history and ruins (to entertain DD)
- beyond Europe (for an interesting passport stamp)
- non-Muslim (for a change of culture from recent holidays together)
- child-friendly (for Sam)
We had a good trip to Turkey (with some irritations that I won't dwell on as they're finished with) and did several amazing things. We even went to Greece for the day, to the island of SAMos!!
Ephesus . Only 10% of this massive site has been excavated to date and yet there is so much to see. It seemed we could still feel the presence of those who once walked through the city, whose feet smoothed the marble streets.
Pamukkale, a geological wonder that really deserves to be called "awesome".