First we took a variety of fabric pieces and ironed them onto Bondaweb, all the pieces cut accurately so that they butted up to each other. For this project I used pieces of fabric leftover from the Country Roads Quilt.
Some very accurate measuring, stitching and cutting followed and then some zigzagging to end up with lots of "inchies", one inch squares of textile deliciousness.
Each inchie was then glued to a brooch back. At this point I discovered that the brooch backs were not quite one inch square! So fudging followed!
I then used a permanent marker to write names on the inchies and gave these name badges out to the members of CRQ with their membership card/programme for the new year. I'm pleased to say they were very well received.
The members of CRQ have been busy too, and at our January meeting we were delighted to have 33 quilts to hand over to Project Linus.