Having survived a wild and windy night (although not as bad as in the north of the country and Scotland), much of it spent awake and thinking, I am working on my trout today.
My original thought was an appliqué fish, if I could ever get the design right, I even have some vaguely fishy fabric. Then, during one of those periods awake last night I thought of Angela Daymond, or, more specifically, of her Kantha Hare. Let me explain...
Last time I did a workshop with Angela she was talking about two kantha stitch projects she had designed and made, the hare and a heron, and is considering offering as kits at FoQ. She asked whether I and the other ladies at the workshop would be willing to trial the kits to help her get thread quantities right etc. Of course we would! So my thought process last night took me from appliqué trout to kantha trout.
This morning I got out all my embroidery threads and made a cunning plan: