I was surprised to see how much thread I have (although most of the DMC is left over from my cross stitching days so probably shouldn't count)
- How did you select colours for your personal thread collection?
- Do you always match the colour perfectly to your project?
- Do you ever use contrasting thread?
- Do you use the same colour in the bobbin as the upper thread?
- What if a fabric has big areas of very different colours?
- Do you have any tips or suggestions about choosing thread?
- Can you show us a picture(s) of your thread collection?
- Do you ever buy thread because you fall in love with the colour (without a particular project in mind)?
- Do you “invest” in thread?
- What types of thread do you have? (elastic, quilting, all-purpose, wool, etc.)
embroidery silks, coton perle, sashiko cottons....
I also have some reels of thread that were my grandmother's, I wouldn't ever get rid of them but I'll probably never use them either. Do you like the box? I made that ;)
Sew,Mama,Sew!, looking at my threads has been fun. Follow the link to see what others have in their thread stashes.