Thank you to all the wonderful fellow bloggers I have met (some in "real life") since beginning my blog; you encourage, inspire and support me and I value your friendship.
There is so much wrong with this wallhanging, called "Cornish Seas", that I'm not even going to start but it was the beginning of my passion for patchwork and quilting. One day I will make a new, improved version of "Cornish Seas" but I'm not ashamed to have the original, made in September 2006, hanging on the wall of my bach in Norfolk. It was inspired by the sea, of course, and also by a stained glass window in a church in Penzance, Cornwall and some glass sculptures I saw in a gallery in Mousehole, also in Cornwall.
Since then I have designed and made quilts, followed patterns to make quilts, collected enough fabric to last me for the rest of my life and beyond, enjoyed quilt exhibitions and workshops, met some wonderful people by virtue of our mutual interest in patchwork and quilting, introduced others to our obsession, been involved in swaps and online quilting groups....so many lovely things. So to all my partners in crime I say a massive "thank you".
This brings me to today's question, the final one for my giveaway. Thank you very much for taking the time to post comments in answer to these questions, it's been fun for me to learn a bit about you, I hope it's been fun for you too.
Here are the rules:
- All my lovely followers get an entry in the giveaway.
- Kristen, Michelle, Debbie, Teresa, Sue, Jenni, and Paula all get an entry each as they answered my first question correctly, identifying that I went to Morocco on my recent holiday.
- Everyone who answered any or all of my previous questions, two, three and four gets one entry per answer. Your can still answer question two, question three and question four.
- Everyone who answers today's question gets an entry.
- I will ask my lovely grandson, Sam, to pick a winner from all the entries on Friday 10th December 2010 at 3.00 p.m. GMT.
Oh, nearly forgot! Today's question:
How did you get started in patchwork and quilting?
(If you are not a quilter please tell me why not!)
And what will the lucky winner get?
I shall make up a goody bag for you and it will include the fabric postcard I promised you in September,
Worn and Washed Fabrics that I bought at Chilford last month,
Euro Japan Links,
The African Fabric Shop,
question two there had better be some chocolate too! I hope there is something there to tempt you all, it's just a way of saying thank you.